How is it that there are so many clothing /sneaker lines that produce the most simple yet most clean shoe and you designed a sneaker with a lot of detail and you still didnt get hired by Nike? it almost makes anyone believe that they can design a simple sneaker and get hired by a powerhouse clothing/sneaker line such as Nike. The only reason why i ask is because i am an aspiring sneaker designer as well and it kind of shook my confidence to see you didnt get hired with such a great concept.
you are first person to ask why i didnt get hired so i will explain word for word.
1. i wasnt fully qualified, i knew this before applying for the internship.
2. i am not american or legal to work in america yet.
3. i did it just to see how quickly i would get a response and they told me what i needed to improve.
4. Nike needed 5 years worth of real footwear design experience for the position i wanted, i have maybe 1 year on me with knowledge.
5. my porfolio needs to have at least 10 fully rendered concepts, i have only one
6. details are very important yes but nike prefers ideas with innovation, a simple shoe is dont by the professionals. to get in you must go above and beyond like this guy or my buddy i went to school with.
7. its not a big deal to me at this point because i am still in school perfecting my craft.
8. there will be 99 failures and on the 100th attempt there will be success. sneaker design isnt about hype but engineering. take focus and years of learning.
9. even if nike doesnt hire me, there are vast footwear companies. i only used nike to set the bar. Reach for the stars fall on clouds. i only made it known so people dont think i am pretending to be this flawless individual.
10. I will advise you to start your portfolio early and know the following things will be needed (note i can only do the first 4)
Last Selection & Pattern Making
Stay inspired and dont worry about making it, just follow the right path and work hard with real goals. Dont aspire to someone else’s dreams. thank you.
Looking for clothing with prints, patterns and textures. I am cooking up something fresh for the spring and summer. I have gotten some inspiration from this blog run by the love of my life. you will not regret checking it out, every post is original and hype free.
”Compliments, It is with great pleasure that we inform you of a feature write-up within our upcoming, highly anticipated Spring issue. Your blog was amongst our pick of ”Ten African Bloggers You Should Already Know”. Just to give you a brief background on our magazine.Applause Africa is a leading resource for entertainment, business, fashion, politics, and cultural affairs for Africans. Through our print magazine and website, Applause Africa shares the achievements and ideas of the African community; celebrating Africans as they pursue excellence and foster change. I have attached a copy of the write up, we hope you enjoy this piece and find it suitable enough to share with your audience.”
I just got that message today and i am happy. That is all. Thank you for reading.
It is two weeks into March and the madness has begun. Nike Sportswear celebrates the tournament with a limited edition product collection celebrating Syracuse, Michigan State, Kentucky, Duke, Connecticut and Florida.
This is why i love this company, they have put so much effort into this campaign. Making them the superior sportswear company among many. I will be making a post on my blog, so check it out for more pictures and info.